For me, success is not a public thing. It’s a private thing. It’s when you have fewer and fewer regrets.
Eventually we realize that not knowing what to do is just as real and just as useful as knowing what to do. Not knowing stops us from taking false directions. Not knowing what to do, we start to pay real attention.
If it is right, it happens –
The main thing is not to hurry.
Nothing good gets away.
- The basic rule for practicing this art is the complete concentration of the listener.
- Nothing of importance must be on his mind, he must be optimally free from anxiety as well as from greed.
- He must possess a freely-working imagination which is sufficiently concrete to be expressed in words.
- He must be endowed with a capacity for empathy with another person and strong enough to feel the experience of the other as if it were his own.
- The condition for such empathy is a crucial facet of the capacity for love. To understand another means to love him — not in the erotic sense but in the sense of reaching out to him and of overcoming the fear of losing oneself.
- Understanding and loving are inseparable. If they are separate, it is a cerebral process and the door to essential understanding remains closed.
Because empathy is a cornerstone of design.
There is brave in soft.
There is wild in simple.
There is peace in thunder.
There are songs in stillness.
Build a good name. Keep your name clean. Don’t make compromises, don’t worry about making a bunch of money or being successful … be concerned with doing good work and make the right choices and protect your work. And if you build a good name, eventually, that name will be its own currency.
Spinning on turntable
Vinyl’s warm sound fills the room
Vinyl’s crackle and pop
A symphony of sound waves
Forever in groove
Vinyl disc spins slow
Echoes of the past come alive
Music timeless flows
created with the artificial intelligence ChatGPT
When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying, ‘You’re too this, or I’m too this.’ That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.
You really can change the world if you care enough.
Design is intelligence made visible.
I don’t know what I’m doing. And if you don’t know what to do, there’s actually a chance of doing something new. As long as you know what you’re doing, nothing much of interest is going to happen.
The system will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are selling … their ideas, their version of history, their wars … their notion of inevitability. Remember this: We may be many and they be few … Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.